Wednesday 25 May 2016

arcgis desktop - Export to PDF from ArcMap has Point Marker Symbols Appearing as Black Dots?



I am having trouble exporting MXDs to PDF. If I export and MXD to PDF some point symbols appear as black dots (not the colored dots they should be) and others do not. This happens in different data sets in the same map.


I have embed fonts and convert marker symbols checked in the Export to PDF tool. I do not use non-USA thousand separators.


I have read this ESRI literature about diagnosing export problems:


http://support.esri.com/es/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/17783


enter image description here




  • Based on that document link above I can export the MXD to EMF, open the EMF in MS Paint and the EMF looks correct.

  • IF I add the EMF to an MS Word document all the point symbols appear as crescents!?


I had the IT department rebuild my Citrix profile, reinstall the PDF drivers, and I did a reinstallation of ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop. The first map exported after all this work looked fine, but all subsequent exports revert back to the black dot problem.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...