Wednesday 25 May 2016

arcgis desktop - Is there a significantly faster way to buffer than arcmap?



I hope this question is appropriate here and I apologize if it is more of a discussion question than a specific technical problem.


I have to buffer 150,000 polygons for a real estate project. While it's not impossibly slow, it got me wondering about 'the fastest way to geoprocess'. What packages, tips, or tricks could be used to make this faster? Does anyone have an idea how arcmap, arcpy, shapely, postgres compare in performance time?


EDIT: After asking around, I heard 'arcpy is slow!' a lot.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...