Saturday 21 May 2016

arcgis desktop - Joining Excel table to shapefile in ArcMap?


I have a shapefile of lower layer super output areas (LSOA) for England and Wales and I have a spreadsheet of the indices of deprivation for each of the LSOA's in England. I want to join the deprivation data to the shapefile so it can be mapped in ArcMap. I tried joining the table through the Join and Relates > Join option and put in the fields for the LSOA data for both shapefile and spreadsheet (the data that matches). the attribute table added the datafields to the attribute table from the excel spreadsheet but all of the data is blank!!


I have tried looking at the field "type" as ive read that it has been an issue before but it seems to be OK.


Is there anything anyone can suggest?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...