Friday 27 May 2016

QGIS Error when clipping a raster with a shape layer



I am trying to clip a .tif file using the extent of a polygon (.shp). I am using the conventional Raster/Extraction/Clipper tool in QGIS 2.18.10. After choosing the appropriate settings, I get the following message:


ERROR 1: Attempt to create ADRG dataset with an illegal data type (Float32), only Byte supported by the format.

I am asking the exact same question as uybfi in this thread, which was marked as a duplicate for no apparent reason. The referred answer fails to address the issue. My raster is already in a supported format (Float32), and when changing the pixel depth with gdal_translate to other supported formats (e.g. Int32), I still get the this error.


Any thoughts?


enter image description here



Answer



The issue had to do with QGIS wrongfully inputing -of ADRG instead of -of GTiff in the command line when choosing the output file destination. Below is a screenshot of the clipper window properly set-up to successfully perform the clip operation. Thanks to @MichaelStimon for resolving this.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...