Friday 20 May 2016

Accessing input layer properties from QGIS Modeler?


So I start my model by dragging an input layer, which in my case it happens to be a vector layer. Let's call it inputVectorLayer. Later on in the model I want to refactor this layer using the Refactor fields algorithm. For each feature I write the correct expression, but for one feature I need an expression that should include something like this:



layer_property('inputVectorLayer', 'name')

The problem is that it doesn't recognize the name that I gave to the representation of the input layer in the Model Builder. How can I achieve this?


If I do something like this:


layer_property('actualLayerNameAsItShowsInTheLayesPanel','name')

it works, but obviously, this name changes. That's the whole point of the module, to use aliases to reference input layers. I already tried to use double quotes to no avail layer_property("inputVectorLayer", 'name')




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...