Thursday 26 May 2016

installation - Getting 64-bit background geoprocessing running in ArcGIS 10.5?


I've got fresh installation of ArcGIS 10.5 on my machine and was wondering from where and how can I get 64-bit background geoprocessing.


Help pages are not explaining anything regarding installation.


In previous versions it was (I think) located on the installation media (similarly as pointed to in this or this questions for 10.2):


enter image description here



My IT department informed me that this is not the case any longer and in some newer thread on geonet forum I found information that for version 10.3 this is downloadable from my.esri.com


enter image description here


(most likely with an institutional account..) but I cannot find any details regarding 10.5 version.


Has anyone managed to get and install it?



Answer



It's downloadable for 10.5 as well, but you need to have access to the Downloads page for your organization on my.esri.com. Most likely, someone in your organization can either download it for you or they can grant you the ability to download it for yourself. I'm pretty sure I remember this download, and most other addons/patches for ArcGIS Desktop being freely accessible in the past (without signing in to an Esri account).


Here it is on my downloads page. The filename is ArcGIS_Desktop_BackgroundGP_105_154031.exe.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...