Monday 23 May 2016

popup - Adding comments using leaflet draw


I am working on an application that will leverage the leaflet draw plugin so that a user can open my map and drop comments in the form of markers. Then the user can click submit and it will serve me that drawn layer with comments as a geoJSON. It isn't important that other users see each others comments, I just need the location and the comment so I can compile them later. I have found two resources that I think are pointing me in the right direction but I am having trouble piecing them together and my JavaScript is terrible at best. Here are the resources I have been using


Leaflet Draw - add title to marker or symbol



How to save a completed polygon points leaflet.draw to mysql table


Here is what I have so far after tweaking the above resources...


var drawControl = new L.Control.Draw({
draw: {
polygon: false,
polyline: false,
rectangle: false,
circle: false,
},


edit: {
featureGroup: drawnItems
}
});
map.addControl(drawControl);
map.on('draw:created', function (e) {
var type = e.layerType,
layer = e.layer;
drawnItems.addLayer(layer);
var shape = layer.toGeoJSON()

var shape_for_db = JSON.stringify(shape);
return shape_for_db;
var popup = L.popup()
.setLatLng(layer.getLatLng())
.setContent('Shape Name


Shape Description


')
.openOn(map);

});
function savePopup(){
var sName = $('#shapeName').val();

var sDesc = $('#shapeDesc').val();
var drawings = drawnItems.getLayers();
drawings[drawings.length - 1].title = sName;
drawings[drawings.length -1].content =sDesc;
map.closePopup();

};

When I run the above in my leaflet application I can successfully drop points, each one has a popup that comes up and disappears when I click save, but I can't really tell whats happening. I've tried inserting some return commands to see what is working at what isn't but I get nothing. Any suggestions on how to debug this thing?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...