Saturday 28 May 2016

Calculating sum of parts of column based on another column using QGIS Field Calculator?


I would like to calculate the sum of values in one column, based on values in another column. To illustrate my question I uploaded the picture below. The second column consists of zipcodes, the third total sales. I would like to know what the total sales per zipcode are? So in this case:


What is the sum of column three for column two's value 1023? Output then should be 4 (0+1+1+2+0). The sum for 1024 then should be 11,5 following the same logic.


As this is quite a large dataset I would like to have the QGIS field calculator (or any other tool) calculate a new field which states the total sales in the zipcode. So far I can't seem to get it working and was hoping someone here could help me.


As you can see I have some missing values, is this a problem in calculation? Perhaps good to mention is that it is a table.


Example




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...