Monday 23 May 2016

shapefile - Attribute Table Default Order in QGIS


I'm having an issue with QGIS version 3.2 Bonn. For my class, a question asks, "What city corresponds to row number 1713 for the Colleges and Universities shapefile?". I'm having issues answering this, because each time I load the shapefile into QGIS, the attribute table order is randomized, giving me a different city each time.


How can I open the "default" version of the attribute table for this layer, so that the order of rows is not randomized each time?



Answer



This is a known bug in QGIS 3.2. https://issues.qgis.org/issues/19299


For answering the class question, I recommend you find out what version of QGIS your teacher expects you to use, then test in that version. Or just download QGIS 2.18, which is the latest long-term release and should be relatively bug-free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...