Wednesday 18 May 2016

data - PostGIS (2.0?) - Native Versioning of the Datastore


I recently have been surprised to see there are not too many solutions at all discussing the best methods of versioning datastores which are made available for editing.


I am looking for a robust, efficient solution which would me to share a bunch of data with registered users and where those users can edit this geodata or associating attributes individually. My requirement though is that I need any and all edits logged so they can be rolled back to any previous state just like a wiki.


More specifically, I am utilizing a tool called CartoDB.com (built on PostGIS 2.0) through which whatever method needs to be compatible.


Very curious to learn any/all information you guys might be able to share in regards to my needs. Thanks - CH




Answer



Heard whispers about GeoGit at FOSS4G. Chris Holmes and others are working on this as a WFS-Versioning replacement, of sorts. Don't know how far along the project is, or how it would tie in with spatial databases like PostGIS... .


http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/GeoGit+approach


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...