Thursday 19 May 2016

raster - Getting information out of an ArcGIS .lyr file


I'm using ArcGIS 10 and I downloaded a Raster layer from here: http://bioval.jrc.ec.europa.eu/products/glc2000/products.php


When I unzip it I get the following files:



  • 1 Aux-File (15KB)

  • 1 ArcGIS-Layer (14KB)

  • 1 Tif Image (37MB)


  • 1 .lyr file (XML Document) (6KB)

  • 1 .tif file (XML Document) (15KB)

  • 1 .tif.aux file (XML Document) (5KB)

  • 1 .tif.ovr file (OVR File) (1.8MB)

  • 1 .tif.vat file (DBF File) (2KB)


When I open the .lyr Layer in ArcGIS I get a nice colormap with a good legend (as can be seen in the Table of Contents). Looking at the Attribute Table I see only numbers, no description.


Look


Where does the .lyr file gets its information from?! I need its information to create a legend and to know which number is what.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...