Friday 3 February 2017

Find CRS (coordinate reference system) based on known location and coordinates?




Is there any tool or any tutorial which would help me to figure out CRS (coordinate reference system) from related information?


In my particular case I know only the system is in meters, has origin (probably of zone) at E 91°30' and N 50°20' (not 100% sure about exactly 50°20') and it is presumably commonly used in Russia.


I would be glad for general solution if any.



Answer



Based on Identifying Coordinate System of Shapefile when Unknown? it directed me to a tool which is very helpful to find relevant CRS which is exactly I was hoping for:


http://www.epsg-registry.org/


The result in my case: enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...