Thursday 16 February 2017

arcgis desktop - Symbolizing multiple polygons as one by dropping internal boundaries?


Using ArcMap (ArcGIS 10.2 for Desktop), is there a way to symbolize two features within the same feature class as one feature without editing the feature and merging them?


For example, if I have a map of the United States (feature class) and all the states are individual features within this feature class and I want to symbolize the United States as a whole without the state divisions, could I do this?


I realize I could remove the outline, but that would also remove the outline from the United States as a whole, and I don't want to do that.


I feel like there is a simple answer for this, that I just have not discovered.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...