Sunday 19 February 2017

Is there a limitation on the numbers of layers that can be displayed in QGIS?



I have been looking for an answer to this question for the last several weeks, so hope that someone here has encountered the same issue and has a viable solution to my problem. I am currently using the following configuration:


• Windows 7 Pro


• QGIS 2.2 (also tested 2.4 with same issue on a separate system)


The issue I am seeing is that that once I reach 254 or 256 layers added to a project, as soon as I add any additional layers, all layers disappear from my map and I am unable to see any of my data. I work with large amounts of data. Is this a limitation in QGIS or is it a setting somewhere? I have also tested MapInfo, which I am thinking of buying if QGIS is unable to handle the load; MapInfo does not have this limitation.


Any ideas? I can provide more information if necessary.


Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...