Monday 27 February 2017

workspace - Unsuccessful migration of my_worspace from GeoServer 15.2 to GeoServer 16.0


What I have to do for migration of my workspace from one GeoServer to another (from 15.2 on server#1 to 16.2 on server#2)? What I do: -replace directory tomcat/webapps/geoserver/data/my_workspace_dir -restarted tomcat. What I have had? this: -have had workspace in GUI geoserver -have had styles in GUI geoserver (but all are broken, when I opened them, they throw this: org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Can't instantiate page using constructor 'public org.geoserver.wms.web.data.StyleEditPage(org.apache.wicket.request.mapper.parameter.PageParameters)' ... - no one source (DB) or layers from my workspace



What I have to do?



Answer



You cannot move a single worskspace around by simple file copies, the unit that can be moved is the data directory.


You may want to try the backup/restore plugin, but mind, it's an unsupported community module, not sure it it will work or not: https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/backuprestore/usagegui.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...