Saturday 18 February 2017

raster - Convert a KML ImageOverlay to World Files with GDAL


I have many raster outputs from an Open Source radio transmission topographic path tool called SPLAT, georeferenced in KML image overlay format.


I have figured out an easy way to use tools to convert from KML Image Overlays to PGW World Files using this small Java tool (which has fallen off the internet, I rebuilt it from Subversion repo):



Is there a way to use GDAL to make this conversion more script-able?


If I were to implement a simple script to write out world files would there be any gotchas?


I realized I had originally referenced Create world file from kml a few weeks ago, don't miss that one.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...