Friday 17 February 2017

arcgis desktop - Trouble importing Feature Classes into Feature Datasets


I'm sure there must be a simple reason for this but I can't seem to be able to import a shp file or a feature class from another file or sde geodatabase into a Feature Dataset without getting an error. The feature classes come in fine if I don't don't try to import them into a Feature Dataset. The feature dataset definitely has the same projection as the feature classes I'm trying to import so I don't think that's the problem. The Error I get is ERROR 000210 and just says Failed to convert and cannot create output and Failed to execute (CopyFeatures).


Any ideas what I may be doing wrong here. Seems like something so simple. I'm trying to use the Feature Datasets to better organize my data which I think is there purpose.


Update: So as you can see below, Jason helped me find the answer. As suggested by Matt below, I added a new Idea to the ArcGIS Ideas site. Here is the link to that, so please promote this up if you agree a better error message is needed here: http://ideas.arcgis.com/ideaView?id=08730000000brxl



Answer



I've had problems importing features into a feature dataset if there is another feature anywhere else in the geodatabase with the same name, even if it's not in the same dataset. I don't remember the error I got and whether it was apparent to me at the time, but I guess if nothing else is working so far that's one more thing you could check...



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...