Monday 16 July 2018

Set the QGIS display to show decimal degrees?


Using QGIS 2.6.1 Brighton. I am trying to set the CRS for the project to display Decimal Degrees, where it is defaulting to Feet. I can change it in the Properties Dialog, but it does not change it, it is just staying on Feet. How do I change it?


Edit: this layer was imported from a shapefile where it was internally set to Feet. I was able to get the vendor to supply one with Decimal Degrees so my problem is gone. Still would love to know if there was a way to do it myself from within QGIS.



Answer



Within the Project Properties > General dialogue box, you should have an option to set the Canvas Units:


enter image description here


However: it seems for using Decimal Degrees as your display units, your map must be projected 'on the fly' to WGS 84 / 4326:



enter image description here


Keeping your map in your original coordinates seems to limit the use of decimal degrees, while you can still use DMS, Degrees Minutes, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...