Wednesday 25 July 2018

How to calculate custom fields in ArcGIS Reports?


I have a custom report in ArcGIS that summarizes my fields using basic descriptive statistics. For example, here is a summary field that calculates the maximum value in the group for a particular field:




What I would like to do is calculate the range (|max-min|). However, this function is not included in the summary statistics. I think that I can use the "Fields>Calculated" menu to add custom fields. Here is a screenshot of that:



Does anyone have an idea of what has to go in as the "Formula" for the field calculation, and how do I fill out the element properties for the field I would like to populate with this calculation:




Answer



As recommended by @TimothyMichael I think you will need to follow the help page entitled Calculating fields in reports which advises:



You can use Report Designer to create fields in your report that do not exist in the data source. This is useful if you want to create a dynamic field that is dependent on other attributes within the data source. To create a dynamic field, you can use a C# expression to work with string, date, or numeric field types.




If the issue is that you do not know how to write such a C# expression, then revise your Question to include that detail, and tag it with to hopefully attract an Answer from someone who can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...