Tuesday 24 July 2018

qgis - Reuse same style settings for chloropleth maps based on different datasets


I am new to QGIS. I have been using MapInfo for a couple of years, but I am considering to switch to QGIS. So far I like it, but there are some things that I haven't found out yet.


I want to make multiple graduated chloropleth maps based on a varying set of data but with the same graduated/rule based style.


For example, I have a polygon vector maps with postal code areas and would like to give the polygons a color based on the drivetime to a certain location A.



I can make this style as a graduated style or as a rule based style and save it.


Next, I need to make the exact same map for a different dataset, say drivetime to location B. I want to reuse the same settings (colors en cut-off points for the categories).


In mapinfo this was very easy: Import an excel file with different datasets in each column-> make 1st map and save the thematic map settings -> Make a new map based on a new column but with the saved thematic map settings.


How do I do this in QGIS without -having to remake the graduated style each time (saving a graduated style remembers which column was used and is gone when you change it) or -redefining all rules in the rule-based style?


Or is there a way to make a batch of maps that does work in QGIS 1.8? The tutorial on batching maps does not work anymore in 1.8 (http://www.qgis.nl/2012/07/28/series-kaarten-genereren/?lang=en )


Hope someone can help me.


THanks in advance,


niels




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...