Friday 27 July 2018

grass - Which QGIS installation for Windows comes with r.in.lidar?


I am running QGIS 2.18.14 (QGIS code revision: ff83b9a479) on a windows 7 machine, it comes with GRASS 7.2.2 (Code Revision r71496), but it does not come with r.in.lidar. I have noticed QGIS 2.18.16.1 has the same problem and it shares the same GRASS 7.2.2 (Code Revision r71496).


I know there were some issues with it and later solved as I read here, I also certailny used it short ago in 2017, so I wonder which version should I go for before starting the always risky attempt of a new installation.



Answer




  • The standalone installer for windows 64 bit of GRASS GIS 7.4.0 (current stable) comes with v.in.lidar and r.in.lidar (tested!)

  • The standalone installers from OSGeo4W packages for windows 64 bit QGIS 2.18.17 'Las Palmas' comes with GRASS GIS 7.4.0 (but I have not tested yet)


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...