Friday 13 July 2018

polygon - Creating an arc with set angle and range using QGIS?


I'm currently using QGIS 3.6.


For a while now to map the arcs of fire for historical fixed weapon emplacements. Creating an arc to a set range to a set angle is extremely important for my analysis work.



I currently use the buffer tool to create a circular polygon around a point to the desired range and direction. I then have to essentially delete points until the desired angle is achieved. This isn't that precise, however as I have to estimate the correct angle. Doing this for every point is very time consuming and I was wondering if there was a quick and simple way to achieve the same result in QGIS, without manually setting the angle by deleting points and without plugins (if possible).


I am not a technical person and have no programming experience.


See below for an example of what I am hoping to achieve.


Arc of fire to a range of 250m



Answer



It seems to me that this tool will do your work, see figure 1 enter image description here


and figure 2 enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...