Thursday 19 July 2018

openstreetmap - How to use OSM xml extracts? Can I make an offline app in Android using OSM?


I'm new to OpenStreetMaps. I have followed their wiki/main page and tried to understand it.


Can anyone briefly explain how exactly OSM xml data works and how it is rendered? ...Any links /pointers would be useful.


I went to this link: cloudmade osm xml extracts. Here I'm seeing various file extensions of the OpenStreetMap files. I want to know, is there a way to use OSM xml extracts to download /display a map?



Also, how can I use OpenStreetMap data to make an Android app completely offline? E.g., tripadvisor recently launched such apps.


Any help, suggestions are welcome. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...