Thursday 19 July 2018

Geoserver won't start after setting up CORS (no jetty installed?)


I tried to enable CORS by uncommenting the necessary lines in the web.xml file of geoserver. However, I didn't know that I also had to make sure having the correct jetty servlets jar file in my WEB-INF/lib folder (as described in this post). As the CORS didn't work I thought I had to restart tomcat, but since I did that I got an error that jetty couldn't be found:


Exception starting filter cross-origin java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.CrossOriginFilter


Now I tried to find out which jetty version I use to get the correct servlets jar file, but somehow I cannot find any installation of jetty in my geoserver folder. I installed geoserver with the war file and running it on tomcat. And as I understood jetty comes together with geoserver, so it should exists...


What should be my next step now?


EDIT: geoserver version is 2.13.2



Answer



If you are using tomcat then any reference to jetty is a red herring. Try following these instructions for tomcat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...