Monday 30 July 2018

python - QGIS fails to load


I installed some python libraries using pip (pandas, scipy, simplekml) and ever since every time I try to load QGIS I get this error:


Warning: loading of qgis translation failed

[/usr/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_US]
Warning: loading of qt translation failed
[/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
Warning: QCss::Parser - Failed to load file "/style.qss"
Warning: QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action
Warning: QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action
QH6248 qh_lib_check: Incorrect qhull library called. Caller uses reentrant Qhull while library is non-reentrant
QH6249 qh_lib_check: Incorrect qhull library called. Size of qhT for caller is 8184, but for library is 2896.
QH6255 qh_lib_check: Cannot continue. Library 'qhull 7.2.0 (2015.2 2016/01/18)' uses a dynamic qhT via qh_QHpointer (e.g., qhull_p.so)


What is wrong? How can I fix it ? I have version 2.14. Should I remove it? Or maybe remove qhull library ?



Answer



Got the same problem on Linux Mint and finally fixed it.


The problem is that you've installed a few python libraries and one of them is a dependency of QGIS.


QGIS ~2.18 works fine with Scipy 0.17, and after upgrade this library to the newest version you have 0.19.


QGIS won't load with 0.19 because libqhull error.


All you need to do is downgrade, simply:


pip install scipy==0.17

And everything should be ok. You can also try with newer version but I'm not sure which one is good. I downgraded to 0.11 and it works form me again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...