Saturday 28 July 2018

Is there public OGC Catalog Service (CSW) available which lets ArcGIS for Desktop with CSW Client Add (WMS) To Map?


This is a follow on from a Question that I asked last year entitled Is there a public OGC Catalog Service (CSW) available?. That Question has an Accept-ed Answer but I would now like to expand upon the question slightly.


Is there a public OGC Catalog Service (CSW) available which serves URLs that can be bound to as Live Data and Maps by ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2?


I would like to learn of a CSW service URL (with its Profile specified) that I could use to Configure the CSW Client of ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2 so that I can see it add a WMS service to ArcMap by using the Add to Map button rather than by using copy/paste of URLs.


A Comment on my Answer to Is there an exhaustive, searchable catalog of all GIS web services (e.g. OGC WMS/WFS, REST, SOAP)? says that it is possible but I do not recall ever being able to do it personally, including during tests I performed yesterday using the latest versions of ArcGIS for Desktop and its CSW Client.




After upgrading to ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop and @Luke resolving Where to download CSW Client for ArcMap (ArcGIS for Desktop)? at that new version, I was able to conclude my test successfully.


I cannot comment on whether it now works at 10.2.x because I forgot to re-check before upgrading from 10.2.2 and my initial testing was at 10.2.



Answer



URL: http://www.ga.gov.au/geonetwork/srv/en/csw?request=GetCapabilities&service=CSW



Profile: "GeoNetwork CSW 2.0.2 APISO"


Direct link to record highlighted in the screenshots below.


CSW Client config:


CSW Client config


Search results:


Search results


Added to TOC:


Added to TOC


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...