Monday 6 February 2017

polygonize - QGIS Raster to Polygons produce invalid geometries


I trying to convert a raster layer into polygons with QGIS. At first, it seems there is no problem with doing that, but when I'm checking the output for invalid geometries, it always gives me some invalid geometries (Ring Self-Intersections as shown in the picture). Does anybody know, how to avoid this problem or a workaround for it?



enter image description here



Answer



I found a possible workaround (inspired by Pavel's reply) by just applying the smooth geometry algorithm from QGIS. So I don't have "square polygons" anymore and this means no ring self intersections.


Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...