Friday 3 February 2017

geoprocessing - Issue with QGIS 2.10.1 Clip and Intersect Tools


Having an issue in QGIS 2.10 -- clip and intersect don't seem to be working correctly. I am trying to show zipcode by a legislative district in Florida. When I clip the zipcode shapefile by the district one, some of the zip codes aren't being clipped (or intersected -- I'm getting the same result with both tools).


In the below screenshot, the bronze color is what both tools are giving me as an output. It should be giving me the bronze vectors + the areas that are blue-violet (created by the overlay of the semi-transparent blue district shapefile and the purple zip code shapefile). I don't understand why this isn't working, it seems pretty simple to me, but am I missing something?


screenshot of clip and intersect problem



The data for this project is here if needed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ee70m26gdcvgbd8/FL%20HD%2069.zip?dl=0


Both shapefiles are from the US Census and are projected in NAD83.


I tried selecting only the zip codes that would be in the district, checking the "use only selected features" box in the clip tool, and got the same results.



Answer



As people pointed out in the comments, switching to a different version of QGIS (in my case, the 2.8 long term release) fixed this issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...