Thursday 2 February 2017

coordinate system - Changing prime meridian of map?


I am working with the Natural Earth world map as a SHP file, but when I try to change the prime meridian (PRIMEM) of the coordinate system



GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984",DATUM["D_WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137.0,298.257223563]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.0],UNIT["Degree",0.0174532925199433]]



I get this:


enter image description here


Projections seem to give the same results. What is happening here?




Answer



you might try exporting the data or possibly run it through a fix geometry (I use et geotools).
It looks to me lie with the new meridian you are splitting some polygons and that is causing the fill to "leak" out.


arcmap1


arcmap2


et tools


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...