Friday 31 January 2020

Seeking municipal-level administrative boundary data for Poland?



I am looking for municipal-level administrative boundary data (NUTS 5) for Poland. Since it is public information, I thought the data would be readily available, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have checked the usual sources. GADM has data down to the county (powiat) level, and Natural Earth seems to only have data down to the provincial level. I have looked at many of the Polish government's sites, but while I can find plenty of GIS data viewers, I can't find a way to download the administrative boundary data I am interested in. To make matters more complicated, I would really like historic data, but I would settle for current NUTS 5 level data.



Answer



You might try contacting Francis Harvey, one of the Co-Directors of the MGIS program at the University of Minnesota. He does a lot of GIS research in Poland, and is probably very well aware of what is and is not publicly available.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...