Wednesday 29 January 2020

qgis - OpenStreetMap: CRS not matching


I have different layers with different CRS, I think therefore the layers don't match. But I don't know how to fix this. Here is what I did (QGIS 3.0.1 on Debian Buster).


I connected to OpenStreetMap Tile Server https://a.tile.openstreetmap.org/{z}/{x}/{y}.png to request XYZ Tiles. This is the first layer.


The tile server uses the CRS WGS 84, Pseudo Mercator Projection EPSG 3857.



Now, I tried to built my own map, by doing a quick query with QuickOSM. Key is building, querying Extent of the map canvas (coordinates are 300.000, 6.100.000, Scale is 1:60.000, which is in France, somewhere south of Paris).


This gives me three additional layers, all called OsmQuery, see image.


enter image description here


The additional layers use CRS WGS 84 EPSG:4326. If you look at the map, you see the buildings belonging to Chateau-Landon (south) near La Madeleine-sur-Loing (north). The destinations are about 7km apart.


My thinking is: "The error might result from different projections. However, 7km is a lot. I find it kind of strange that OpenStreetMap uses two different CRS." But I'm quite a newbie...


What can I do to get an exact match of all the layers?


My QGIS version is as follows:


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...