Tuesday 21 January 2020

geoserver - How to allow users to publish data in their workspace?


How can I set up the GeoSever security so that users associated with a given role/group can register and publish their data (e.g. PostGIS) as GeoServer layers?


I can register things as admin. I tried to allow other users to do this and set up a multi-user system following Opengeo documentation. But in the system I got, the new user, e.g. private_editor only has the Layer Preview option in the Data section, as if not logged in.


How can I grant access to the non-admin user other options in the Data, such as Layers, Stores, Styles, and Layer Groups? Which documentation should I be looking into for such settings?


enter image description here



Answer



You need to make them workspace administrators. See the documentation: http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/security/layer.html#rules



The docs refers to text rules, but you can assign admin rules from the UI too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...