Sunday 26 January 2020

duplication - Creating duplicate features - many to one - in qgis


Essentially I have a shapefile of polylines and wish to create duplicates and based on attribute data.


I have route data for individuals as polylines. Then I have attribute data which tells me the number of people and what are the members of the group. The number of individuals is variable ranging from 1 -10 and I would want to duplicate to create a single line for each individual.


This is to examine footfall. I realise that with a grid I could simply sum the number of members for each polyline togive me footfall. However I wish to examine different members of the group differently and treat their impacts differently, therefore I need single polylines for each member of the group.


A similar question has been asked (below), but this is in ArcGIS and I have only QGIS available.


Creating duplicate features based on many-to-one conversion of related table?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...