Saturday 18 January 2020

arcgis desktop - Determining Min - Max within zip code (statistics by area)?


I'm new to ArcGIS Desktop. I have created a layer representing zip codes and overlayed it with a layer containing some data points. I want to find the min and max value of the data points in each zip code. Currently, I am manually checking the values if all the data points in each zip code but this is becoming very time-consuming and cumbersome.



Is there a faster way to do this?



Answer



You can do an INTERSECT of the data points with the Zip Code polygon layer - then with your result - do a SUMMARY STATISTICS with the Data point as your Statistics Field - Min and/or Max statistic type and your Zip Code as your Case Field.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...