Saturday 18 January 2020

Looking for market share of GIS desktop tools


What are the relative market shares of the various desktop GISes? I'm interested in this within the open-source and non-opensource realm.


One article that I read, is that the market share of ESRI is estimated to be approximately 30% of the global GIS market in 2009 (Daratech, 2011 - dead link unfortunately) but that they have a much higher perceived 'mind-share' (Batty).


I started thinking about this as I wondered which was the most popular open-source GIS program, and assumed it was QGIS but I'm finding it hard to locate any numbers.



To clarify (in response to a comment), I am interested in GIS Desktop tools that allow quantitative analysis (which would exclude Google Earth).




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...