Friday 31 January 2020

distance - Clustering spatial data in R?




I have bunch of data points with latitude and longitude. I want to use R to cluster them based on their distance.


I have already taken a look at this page and tried clustTool package. But I am not sure if clust function in clustTool considers data points (lat,lon) as spatial data and uses the appropriate formula to calculate distance between them.


I mean I cannot see how they differentiate between spatial data and ordinal data. I believe the distance calculation between two points on map (spatial) and two normal numbers is different. (Is it not?)


Also what happens if I want to consider a third parameter in my clustering?


Like say if I have (lat,lon) and one other parameter.


How is the distance calculated?


The other problem I have with clustTool is that it is designed with a GUI in mind. I don't know how I can skip the GUI overhead in the library because I don't need it.


What options do I have in R for cluster analysis of spatial data?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...