Wednesday 22 January 2020

qgis - Unexpected results with Raster Terrain Analysis Plugin


In QGIS 2.18.18 on Windows 10, I have downloaded the NASA file srtm_05_01.tif that is available at http://dwtkns.com/srtm. I use the Terrain Analysis Slope method on that file with the following dialog box values


enter image description here


I use a z factor of 111,120 because the CRS is WGS84 EPSG:4326. The resulting raster file has the following histogram


enter image description here



where all degrees have 250,000 as a count. When I use the resulting raster in the raster calculator and select for an evenness of < 5 (i.e. "slope@1" < 5) I get the same output as selecting for an evenness < 87.


If this is not the expected behaviour, or if the srtm_05_01 file is unusual in some way, can someone suggest a file that would work well with the slope method?



Answer



It seems you have s factor (111120 at around equator) now.


z factor can be calculated by: z=1/(111320*cos(latitude*pi/180)) and 0.000016952 if I use latitude= 58N.


enter image description here


Then the output is:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...