Friday 17 January 2020

arcgis desktop - Feature linked annotation not added when new features are drawn


I created feature linked annotation for a line feature class. Both the feature and the annotation are feature classes stored within the same feature dataset on an SQL Server Geodatabase.


The initial labeling made use of a simple SQL query which may or may not be relevant. The annotation was created successfully but I'm having a hard time maintaining it due to the following:



  • When I create a new feature that matches the filtering requirements of my feature linked annotation, the annotation is not created automatically. Instead I have to select the feature and then click Selection > Annotate selected features. It's my understanding from reading through ESRI's help that the annotation should be created automatically for any newly added features. These new features DO match the sql query I initially made use of.



I also posted Dragging feature- linked annotation results in strange snapping and rotation behavior which is a similar but different question here as well. They are not duplicates.



Answer



I have ran into this problem before and this seemed to work for me.


https://geonet.esri.com/thread/52888



The SQL Query is exactly what's stopping the annotation from getting created.


The composite relationship class allows for new annotation to get created as soon as a new feature in the related feature class is created. This process only happens at the exact moment that the new feature is committed to the database (before you ever modify attribute information). When a SQL Query is being used to limit the annotation that is seen in a particular anno class, the value(s) which match the SQL query must be present at the time the feature is created for the related anno to get created as well. In your case, they're not.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...