Saturday 25 January 2020

dem - QGIS: Edit elevation in DTM to get correct slope of a river


I am new to QGIS and just need it to do a hydrolocic analysis of an area of which I later make a flow model with HEC-RAS 2D.


I made it according to this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro-RRzMMw-c&t=1774s


Unfortunately there is a railway with lower terrain nearly at the end of my river which is misunderstood as the stream so I can't make the catchment area to the very end of the river.


How can I edit the elevation of the DTM to get the correct stream (or is there another way)?


My river "Kraimser Bach" with the wrong end of the stream. It would go along the railway to north direction and not into the bigger river:


wrong catchment are



I tried to chagne the z-value of the DTM along this shapefiles to get the correct stream but it didnt worked the way I tried it. DTM with shapefiles i would like to edit the z-value in the DTM


I tried to do it with rasterize from polygons but that didn't work. (According to this: Modifying DEM elevation data in QGIS using a polygon) I also tried it with the SAGA tool "Burn streams into dem" but therefore I would need the real slope and so it didn't worked as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...