Monday 20 January 2020

qgis - How to calculate raster area or number of cells for multiple classes in a raster?


I have a raster with many classes and I want to know the area or the number of cells for each class. I found quite a few posts on this topic (see links below). None of the suggestions matched my wishes. I do not want to convert to vector since my raster is fairly big. I am looking for a tool similar to the summarize functions available for vector data, with a table as output.


The raster is a 32bit float tif with 5 unique values (1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0) as classes as a result of classification with QGIS SAGA-Toolbox.


QGIS solutions are preferred. Related posts:


Calculating raster area?


Calculating area of vegetation in raster file?


Calculating area of rasters in QGIS?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...