Saturday 25 January 2020

qgis - "gdalbuildvrt command not found" in Build Virtual Raster tool


I am trying to use the "Build Virtual Raster" tool in QGIS 3 to build a mosaic. When I run the tool, I get the following message:


GDAL command output:

/bin/sh: gdalbuildvrt: command not found

gdalbuildvrt is available in my terminal, but it appears that QGIS does not know where to find it. How do I fix this?


I am running:



  • QGIS 3.0.3

  • macOS 10.13.4



Answer



This is a know issue, however there is a workaround described in the readme file from the installer:



QGIS 3 does not find external tools needed for Processing. Some configuration options are missing. A workaround is to use QGIS custom variables. Open QGIS Preferences → System.



  • Under the Environment section, turn on Use Custom Variables.

  • Add (+) a variable

  • Select Prepend from the Apply popup

  • Enter PATH for the variable

  • For the Value enter: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin:/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/2.2/Programs:

  • Quit QGIS 3 and start it again


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...