Tuesday 2 May 2017

wms - Is it possible to setup fiddler to capture requests from QGIS


I want to know if it is possible setup fiddler to capture WMS/WFS requests from QGIS and how to do it.


Fiddler is capturing the requests from MapInfo and I don't remember making any setup in fiddler to accomplish that.


So can I make fiddler capture requests from QGIS and how do I do it?


Version info: Fiddler 2.3.9.5, QGIS 1.7.0




Answer



Fiddler allow you to capture HTTP traffic acting as a proxy between you and network.


So to capture WMS/WFS requests from any software I believe you have just to run Fiddler as usual. The same way you have done it with MapInfo - no additional configuring is required.


PS I have tested it with ArcGIS Server - successfully capturing REST traffic.


EDIT1:


You was right - running fiddler without additional configuration of QGIS did nothing.


I was able to capture traffic from QGIS by navigating to QGIS Settings\Options\Network and checking Use proxy for web access. Then I have setup 127.0.0.1 for Host, 8888 for Port and HttpProxy for Proxy type.


You can use these parameters too or check what Fiddler had setup in Windows Control Panel\Internet Options\Connections\LAN settings\Advanced


I think this is happening because QGIS is not reading system Internet Properties and MapInfo is reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...