Tuesday 23 May 2017

arcgis desktop - ArcMap - Making DEM using GPS vector data



I am new to GIS and GPS. I am going to make a digital elevation model of my school's campus using a trimble gps unit. I know the accuracy is not the best but it is just for a school project.



My question is how exactly should I go about doing this? I went out in the field today and acquired a bunch of position points which have elevation (I set the gps to log my position every second). I made that trimble data file into a .shp file and put that into arcmap. I can view all of the points and the elevation in the attribute table.


How to I make a digital elevation model from this data? I tried doing raster interpolation like kriging and IDW but I am not really sure what I am doing. What is a TIN? I looked TIN up and apparently it uses Vector data? Shouldn't I just use my vector data?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...