Thursday 18 May 2017

arcgis pro - Boolean operator


What Boolean operator should I use to select a raster layer of land use and a raster layer of risk flood (medium and high risk together)?


the raster layer has 4 classes: water, urban, agriculture, forest the flood risk has 3 classes: low, medium, high



This is a theoretical problem I am struggling with trying to learn GIS.


I tried solving it by reclassifying medium and high risk class as 1, and all landuse classes as 1 too. Then using the raster calculator to SUM them, in order to see which classes are in medium+high risk, but the teacher said the answer is wrong, and he wants me to use a Boolean operator.


I can't think of any raster calculator operation to use a Boolean in my situation, although I think Boolean AND should be the command.


I use ArcGIS Pro, but this problem doesn't require physical solving and just theory.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...