Saturday 27 May 2017

How to download all OpenStreetMap highways in a large area?


I need to download all highways as line features from OpenStreetMap in a large area (about 10.000km²). Therefore I wanted to use overpass-turbo with the following statement in the wizard:



 highway=*

in my chosen bounding box.


Unfortunately it looks like my bounding box is too big, because I get the error:


 runtime error: Query run out of memory using about 2048 MB of RAM.

Do I have to change my overpass turbo query or is it not possible to download large datasets in overpass turbo? Which alternative method could I use to download all highways as line features in a larger region. I need to have all attributes, like the type of the highway, "foot=yes/no/...", "access="yes/no/....", etc. and if I use something like geofabrik, these attributes do not appear.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...