Thursday 18 May 2017

arcgis desktop - Range of values in slope and aspect changes when I try to unproject my projected rasters


I use the SRTM DEM and I have used the "Project Rater" tool in ArcGIS10.2 in order to project it from GCS_WGS_84 to a certain UTM zone in WGS84. With my projected elevation raster, I have calculated slope (min: 0, max:73 in degrees) and aspect (0-360). When I try to convert again the projected slope and aspect into GCS_WGS_84 (my analysis must be carried out in latitude, longitude) their values change, and I get for slope min:-1,24 max:74 (in degrees), and for aspect I get 1-460! Why does this happen?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...