Sunday 21 May 2017

qgis - How to create a point along a line given distance



I have been given a non-spatial database which contains the names of lines which I have a shapefile for. The database also has names of points and the distance of each point from the origin along the route of these lines. How would I create a point shapefile which locates each of the points?


Of course I would like to use QGIS, or GRASS and as a last resort I can get access to ArcGIS. I expect I will have to carry out a step to specify which end of the line is the origin.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...