Sunday 21 May 2017

qgis - Tiled raster image to be placed in an OSM/ Leaflet.js map


I have a mapoverlay in a custom projection which I need to add as a layer to an Openstreet map within a website. Since I was not able to change the projection earlier, I decided to manipulate the raster image in Photoshop in order to make it "fit" onto the Openstreet base map.



Now I have a png file with the "correct" projection. My problem is that I now have to make tiles from this image which can be used as overlay and thus need to set the correct coordinates. I can find out the exact lat/lon values using OSM but how can I tell gdal2tiles where the top-left or bottom-right position of my image is?


My command line so far is:


$gdal2tiles.py -p 'raster' myimage.png

What I am missing is an idea on how to set coordinates. Do I have to use another tool prior to tile-making?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...