Wednesday 31 May 2017

Using ArcPy to batch merge based on shapefile name?


ArcGIS 10 SP4 Python 2.6.5


I have quite a few shapefiles that are in many different directories. I'd like to pull out groups of like shapefiles, merge them, and move the results into a FGDB. I've read the posts about making a GIS inventory, using a .csv as an input list, as well as few others. Those seem to point me in the right direction, but I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Obviously I'm new to Python, but believe automating this process is within my abilities.


It seems easy conceptually, but I don't have enough experience to generate the code.



Make multiple lists based on the shapefile name (startswith?) Use those lists as inputs for a batch merge. Convert merged files to GDB




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...