Monday 22 May 2017

arcgis desktop - Placing each record on separate page using ArcMap Report Designer?


I'm using the ArcMap Report Designer (ArcGIS 10.2.2) for the first time. I need to generate a report where each database record appears on a separate page.


There is a "Page Break" Design Element. But I can't find a way to put this at the end of the Detail area for a record. I can get it close to the end; it creates a page break that puts a tiny portion of the record detail on the next page, followed by the next record. This will work, but it's a bit ugly.


Is there a better way to do this?



Answer




In the past the following worked for me:


Click on the detail part of the Report, under the Data property (in the element properties section) change the property for new page depending on what you want you can use, before, after or before and after The before keeps your column heads and subsequent rows on the same page, I think the after does something weird like leaving your column heads on the previous page and taking all your data to the new page. The before and after is useful when you want an intermediate title page between different sections. Try each of them out, I'm sure you will find the one that works for your case. enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...